Sunday, January 16, 2011

Minimalist and simplify space

I just halfway finish de-cluttering my messiness in my room, since I brought a 2nd hand book cupboard. The shelf was already full with the books, magazines, files, papers and the wedding souvenir and my collectibles. At the same time, I throw away 2 boxes of junk and unused items. Remind you, I still haven't finish...

It's from aunt..
What I did today, what items I handled today, what stuff I threw today makes me wonder...Why and when I have so much unused things, which equal to money $$$$ ?? It consider a waste, right? I did browsed through the net, and found a lot of people just sharing about how to declutter your room/house/life, which means a lot of other people are really need help on how to declutter their mess.


Shopaholic = Mess = Waste
From what I read,so  I draft my plan here (MONTHLY every 3rd weekend) :
Books : Remove dust, and put in new shelf. Revisit/remove dust monthly.
Make-up : expired, unused for more than 6 months...THROW
Letter : remove envelope and put in file..THROW any bills > 1 year old
Cable/Techno stuff : Tie the cable and keep safely in box
Important document : Reorganize, clean and place safely
Clothes : Very Old shirt/dress -> turn into another thing e.g pillow or kitchen towel.
             Used rarely -> give out or turn into another thing.
Bags : If you embarrass to wear it because it worn out, THROW
Shoes : If it already broken/worn out. THROW
Inside car : Clear space, THROW old papers,junks...etc


When you THROW, only BUY if you really NEED it. ASK yourself, do you really NEED this??? You have DECLUTTER and ORGANIZE everything perfectly, will you accumulate the new MESS?  
  
Advertisement will haunting you everyday, mall just around the corner and things will get old. But you not born to be a 100% consumer of all stuff, you are born to think what you really need. Simplify and be minimalist, reduce your burden...

No comments:

Post a Comment

ppl help colors my day...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...